Monday 25 June 2012

Grey Magazine Issue 6



Today I'm doing some more work for New York based magazine Grey - I realised I hadn't posted the work I did for their last issue, so here it is.

Grey is a magazine which combines Fashion, art and literature- it is divided quite obviously into a first section focused on fashion stories, photographically based, and then a moves into a literature section which is largely illustrated. This will be the third issue I have worked on- each new brief I find always gives something unique to explore.

For Issue 6 I was asked to illustrate two essays, entirely different in their subject matter- The first (top image), Lost and Found, by Erin Sheehy, is a wonderful piece exploring the power of sound.  In it she considers her own love of old Soul and R&B, and likens the act of listening to music to conjuring ghosts.

The second article The President on the Rocks by Aaron Ayscough, investigates certain US presidents' historical drinking habits. I particularly liked the visual of Thomas Jefferson and his love of Bordeaux.

More information on Grey and it's stockists here



No comments:

Post a Comment